Monday, May 05, 2008

g or G

Anytime you are talking with someone else or reading articles talking about God, you need to keep your sonar alert for the g or G flip-flop phenomenon. You have to keep asking yourself, "Are they talking about god or God?" 

 How many times have you read articles penned by an atheist talking about God where you realize he/she is describing the god of the mirror, not God, the Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omniscient, Creator of the Universe? 

Below is a rough approximation of an experience of one apologist during a question and answer time 

Atheist: "Who created God?" 
Apologist: "I don't understand your question." 
Atheist  (louder): "I said, who created God?" 
Apologist: "I heard you the first time, but I don't understand the question you are asking. It doesn't make any sense." 
Atheist: "I want to know what caused God to come into existence." Apologist: "Your question still does not make sense. You are asking me who caused the "uncaused cause", God. You are trying to deny the meaning of the concept of God by citing it's definition. Your question does not make sense." 
Atheist, finally realizing his god view of God: "Oh."

No comments: